Description of SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy:
SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy is an equipment for ultrasound or electric current application via electrodes in direct contact with the patient. It is an ultrasound generator with frequency of 1,0 MHz and 3,0 MHz and with electric currents for neuromuscular transcutaneous electrostimulation.
SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy was developed for ultrasound therapy in physiotherapy, rehabilitation and esthetics, with frequency of 1.0Hz and 3.0 MHz, having as field of application the inflammatory rheumatic affections, inflammatory affections of peripheral nervous system, traumatic affections, peripheral circulatory disturbance, inflammatory affections of superficial zones of skin, degenerative alterations of the skeleton, especially of spinal column, contractions, periarthritis, cellulites, phonophoresis, post-operative, etc.
The effective ultrasound output potency is of 20 W with ERA of 10 cm2, thus, the effective maximum intensity is of 2 W/cm2. Besides the possibility of working with 1.0 MHz and 3.0 MHz, the equipment allows the selection of ultrasound emission mode in CONTINOUOS or PULSED mode. There are six types of pulsed mode:
– Pulse repetition frequency of 100 Hz:-
– Duty Factor – 50%: duration time ON of 5,0 ms and pause time OFF of pulse of 5,0 ms (1/2)
– Duty Factor – 20%: duration time 0N of 2,0 ms and pause time 0FF of pulse of 8,0 ms (1/5).
– Pulse repetition frequency of 48 Hz:-
– Duty Factor – 50%: duration time 0N of 10,5 ms and pause time 0FF of pulse of 10,5 ms (1/2).
– Duty Factor – 20%: duration time 0N of 4 ms and pause time 0FF of pulse of 17 ms (1/5).
– Pulse repetition frequency of 16 Hz:-
– Duty Factor – 50%: duration time 0N of 31 ms and pause time 0FF of pulse of 31 ms (1/2).
– Duty Factor – 20%: duration time 0N of 12 ms and pause time 0FF of pulse of 50 ms (1/5).
Inside the ultrasound transducer of SONOPULSE Combined Therapy there is a temperature sensor which will be verifying and keeping a constant duty temperature of the piezoelectric crystal and consequently of the transducer aluminum face, thus avoiding to the patient that disagreeable feeling of excessive heat. This sensor is programmed so that the aluminum temperature never exceeds 41°C (degrees centigrade).
SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy produces electric currents for electrostimulation. They are:
Russian Current – carrying (carrier) with medium frequency of 2.500Hz modulated by low frequency variable from 1 Hz to 100 Hz.
INTERFERENTIAL Current:- carrying (carrier) with medium frequency of 2.000Hz (2KHz), 4.000Hz (4KHz) or 8.000Hz (8KHz) modulated in amplitude by low frequency variable from 1Hz to 100Hz.
POLARIZED Current:- medium frequency of 15.000Hz.
High volt current (HVPS – High Volt Pulsed Stimulation or just HV – High Volt):- two twin monophasic pulses of low frequency variable from 1 Hz to 100 Hz.
SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy is an electrostimulator of Russian current, Interferential, High Volt and Polarized coupled with an ultrasound generator of 1,0 MHz and 3,0 MHz in continuous or pulsed modes.
SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy makes the COMBINED THERAPY possible. This therapy is the simultaneous application of two stimuli, i.e., in this case, of ultrasound with electric stimulation of low and medium frequency.
It combines the analgesic effects of low and medium frequency with the thermal and mechanical effects of ultrasound.
Ultrasound therapy and/or electrostimulation are non-invasive techniques, with no systemic effects, they are not addictive and don’t have undesirable side effects.
The ultrasound or current intensity necessary to the treatment depends on the kind of dysfunction to be treated as well as on each patient’s thresholds.
So, the treatment should start with minimum intensity levels (low), increasing carefully until the adequate effects to the procedure are reached and also according to each patient’s sensorial, motor and painful responses.
When a person is submitted to an electric stimulation, this person will have a tingling feeling in the stimulation region or in the areas among the electrodes.
Due to the used technology is the same as that of microcomputers, these controls operate through touch keyboard. All the information related to the parameters chosen by the professional therapist will be shown in an alphanumerical liquid crystal display.
The SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy allows the following electrostimulation modes:
– CONTINUOUS MODE;
– SYNCHRONIZED MODE;
– RECIPROCAL MODE.
– NORMAL TETRAPOLAR MODE (manual vector);
– AUTOMATIC TETRAPOLAR MODE (automatic vector);
– CONTINUOUS BIPOLAR MODE;
– SYNCRONIZED BIPOLAR MODE;
– RECIPROCAL BIPOLAR MODE.
– POSITIVE MODE P+;
– NEGATIVE MODE P- (polarity inversion).
HIGH VOLTAGE Current:
– CONTINUOUS MODE WITH POSITIVE POLARITY;
– CONTINUOUS MODE WITH NEGATIVE POLARITY (polarity inversion);
– SYNCRONIZED MODE WITH POSITIVE POLARITY;
– SYNCRONIZED MODE WITH NEGATIVE POLARITY (polarity inversion).
SONOPULSE II Combined therapy is a CLASS II monophasic equipment with applied part of BF type of security and protection. The equipment is protected against dripping of water (IPX1 classification)
Power:- Bivolt 100/240 V~ 50/60 Hz.
Input Power – Consume (max.):- 250 VA.
Output channels for electrostimulation:- 3 independent channels in amplitude
Maximum current intensity per channel with resistive charge of 1000 ohms:-
RUSSIAN (R=50Hz and T=50%):- 1 to 120 mA (peak to peak).
INTERFERENTIAL (Carrier=4KHz and AMF=100Hz):- 1 to 120 mA (peak to peak).
POLARIZED:- 1 to 30 mA (peak).
HIGH VOLT (R=250Hz):- 1 TO 250 volts (peak to peak).
RUSSIAN: biphasic sinusoidal wave symmetric modulated in bursts without component CC. INTERFERENTIAL: biphasic sinusoidal wave symmetric without component CC.
POLARIZED: monophasic sinusoidal wave.
HIGH VOLTAGE: two twin monophasic pulses.
Dimensions (mm):- 375 x 315 x 125 (W x D x H);
Weight (aprox. without accessories):- 2,4 kg;
Maximum stacks:- 5 boxes;
Temperature for transportation and storage:- 5°C to 50°C;
Work environment temperature:- 5°C to 45°C.
Abbreviations of measurements of used units:
mA = miliamperes;
Hz = hertz;
Va = volt amperes;
mm = milimeters;
useg = us= microseconds;
s = seconds;
mseg = miliseconds.
V~ = alternated tension;
cm = centimeters;
W = watts.
Accessories that come with SONOPULSE II Combined Therapy:
– 01 detachable power supply.
– 01 cable (with 2 orange wires and pins at the ends) of connection to the patient (channel 1- orange);
– 01 cable (with 2 black wires and pins at the ends ) of connection to the patient (channel 2- black);
– 01 cable (with 2 orange wires and clips at the ends) of connection to the patient (channel 1- orange);
– 01 cable (with 2 black and clips at the ends) of connection to the patient (channel 1- black);
– 01 cable (with 2 yellow wires and 1 black and pins at the ends) of connection to the patient (yellow channel);
– 01 cable for combined therapy/RUSSIAN or INTERFERENTIAL (with 1 orange wire and pin at the end) of connection to the patient (channel 1 – orange);
– 01 cable for combined therapy/ POLARIZED current (with 1 orange wire and clip at the end) of connection to the patient (channel 1- orange);
– 01 cable for combined therapy/HIGH VOLT current (with 1 yellow wire and one black wire and pins at the ends) of connection to the patient (yellow channel);
– 01 transducer (headstock) of ultrasound for frequency of 1,0 MHz and 3,0 MHz with ERA = 10 cm²;
– 01 pair of green pad electrodes of silicone diameter 75mm;
– 01 pair of blue pad electrode of silicone diameter 75mm;
– 04 aluminum plates 80 x 100mm;
– 04 Vegetal Cloth electrodes 12cm x 10cm;
– 01 self-adhesive electrode;
– 01 operation manual CD;
– 01 spare protection fuse 5A;
– 01 tube of Gel (100g).
Ps.: The use of cable, electrodes and other accessories different from the ones specified above may result in increase emissions or decreased immunity of the equipment.
Note:- The equipment and its characteristics may suffer alterations without previous notice.